Tel: (850) 434-7995
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Samford University, Cumberland School of Law, 1984
- Florida State University, B.S. in Finance, 1981
UNDER THE LAW.
Artie Shimek was born in San Diego, California and as a young child, moved to Pensacola, Florida with his family. In 1981, he graduated from Florida State University with a BS degree in Finance.
After college, Artie moved to Birmingham, Alabama to attend Cumberland Law School at Sanford University. In 1984, Artie received his Juris Doctorate from Cumberland. During his time at Cumberland, he was a member of the American Journal of Trial Advocacy, and interned as a prosecutor for the State Attorneys Office in Connecuh County, Alabama.
He has dedicated the last 28 years exclusively to representing injured victims in the Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton Counties.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Justice Association, Eagle member
- Florida State Supreme Court
- U.S. Federal District Court – Northern District of Florida
- U.S.Federal Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
CIVIC & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- ARC Gateway of Northwest Florida, Foundation Member, Former President
- Escambia County School Board Hearing Officer
- Global Learning Academy, Class Sponsor
- Arc Florida 2004 Award Winner for Outstanding Advocacy on behalf of Individuals with Developmental Disabilities.
- 2006 Arc Florida’s President’s Award for Outstanding Advocacy